Can I tell you a secret?
I’ve started using anti-aging cream.
They say once you reach the other side of your thirties, it’s time to start treating those areas of skin which are prone to signs of age.
So I layer on my Nivea every single night in an attempt to stay younger for longer. Unfortunately, I don’t think it will help.
Another sign of ageing, is gratitude.
I find myself living in a space of reflection and remembrance a lot more these days. My heart brims with thoughts of thankfulness. I’m not so focussed on what I don’t have, but rather overwhelmed with all that I do have. My life is rich with blessings.
What thoughts occupy your mind lately?
Corinthians reminds us to take every thought captive. As christians, we ought to not only change the way we live but the way we think too.
2 Corinthians 10:5 – “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
As another month ends, and a new one begins – I wonder if now is a good time to reflect on what we’ve learnt this year and what we’re still learning. It’s important to pay attention to what God is saying and what He’s doing in our hearts.
Here’s what I’ve learnt this season:
- I’m learning that change can be hard but it can bring happiness at the same time.
- I’m learning that Gods capabilities far outweigh my inabilities.
- I’m learning that gratitude is not far from my heart, but neither is grumbling.
- I’m learning to reset my thinking according to Gods Word.
- I’m learning to listen.
- I’m learning to ask questions when I don’t necessarily know the answers.
- I’m learning to be okay with not knowing. Because God does!
- I’m learning to realise that not all is as it seems – it may actually be better.
- I’m learning that planting and plucking are part of the same process.
- And I may even be learning to dream again.
So, what are you learning?
Carve out a few moments this week and spend time journaling your thoughts.