Anxious for Nothing
We find ourselves a few days away from February already – can you believe it?
Twenty-twenty-one promised to be a better year than twenty-twenty. It wasn’t a hard ask – yet somehow, we find ourselves back in the rut of social distancing, hand sanitising and mask wearing. The year has kicked into full gear and we went from zero to one zillion things to do before month-end. We’re swamped, tired and in need of a holiday, again!
But Jesus reminds us of this:
- Jesus invites us into a worry free kind of life as we find our oasis in Him.
- Jesus reminds us of the importance of living for just today!
- Jesus reminds us to not allow the past or the future to distract us but rather to empower us to focus on our now.
- Jesus reminds us to just do the next right thing that’s required of us – even if that means making yourself a cup of coffee, taking a deep breath in and drawing your attention to what matters most.
- Jesus shows us that in Him, we can have purpose everyday. And that our failures of the past don’t necessarily have to carry a weight of worry into our present or future.
Let’s take authority over our anxiety by replacing impatience with patience, concern with courage, fear with fortitude, doubt with direction from Gods Word and hesitation with hope.
Friends, whether it rains or shines – Jesus is a sure thing! You can trust Him!
Jesus helps us brave the bad weather in tough seasons and He carries us through to the other side. So strap on your sandals and let’s go for gold this year. If we lean in a little closer and sacrifice the TV for time with Gods Word – the Holy Spirit breaks through the thunderstorms raging inside our minds and He sets us free – because that’s His speciality – He overcomes!
Grab some coffee, find a quiet space to settle your soul, take a deep breath in and answer these questions and ponder on these scriptures, write them down and reflect.
- What is causing you anxiety?
- What can you do about it?
- What is the next right thing that you can do, right now?
- What makes you come alive?
- What kills your energy?
- What do you want to do that you don’t have time for?
- What are you doing that you don’t want to do?
- Write down three things that matter the most to you. Think about these things!
- Pray these scriptures and declare them over your life right now!
Philippians 4:8 – “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.”
John 16:33 – “And everything I’ve taught you is so that the peace which is in me will be in you and will give you great confidence as you rest in me. For in this unbelieving world you will experience trouble and sorrows, but you must be courageous, for I have conquered the world!”
From my corner of the world